Search This Blog

Friday, September 19, 2014

Saison Dupont - Brasserie Dupont sprl

I am back bitches!!!!!

I didn't disappear because I stopped drinking craft beer that's for damn sure. In fact I probably drink 10x more since I stopped writing this blog. Just been busy with life in general and busy hitting up breweries and beerfest and tasting all the amazing craft beers now available since it's becoming so goddamn popular.



BA score: 93
Brewed by: 
Brasserie Dupont sprl visit their website
Belgium

Style | ABV 
Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV 

Availability: Year-round

Review: Besides IPA, Saison is probably my second favorite type of beer. It's highly carbonated and dry. Almost like a champagne of the craft beer world. Pours in a slightly hazy golden color with tons of foam/head. Smell immediately brings an unrestrained funk and earthiness. Some floral/fruity tone makes its way in as well. Fairly complex and some notes pushing a bit too far than other when drinking. Extremely refreshing. Medium in terms of drink-ability because it's so crisp and dry. But it is epitome of the style I suppose. You can pick one up at WholeFood!





No comments:

Post a Comment