Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Goose Island Beer Co Matilda




















Goose Island Beer Co, Chicago: http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/home/56.php

Description: Wild in character, with a slightly fruity aroma and a spicy yeast flavor that is as unique as it is satisfying – Matilda is an intriguing choice for beer and wine lovers alike. Dry and quenching, it’s the perfect accompaniment at the dining table or for casually socializing at the bar.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1549/4318 BA score: 89

My take: I always say you can't really drink beer and rate them objectively when you are already half faded. I was in Chicago for a wedding and went to a pub after already had plenty to drink and asked the bartender to bring me the best beer brewed in Chicago. He presented me with the Goose Island Matilda in the bottle. Beautiful packaged just like the photo above and poured into the glass for me in a nice deep orange color. I absolutely loved the beer and thought it was exceptional and extremely complex. Fast forward 3 months and I finally stumbled onto them at my local grocery store and immediately bought a 4 pack home to drink. To my surprise, it tasted very dry which isn't a character I normally like in my beer and the after taste is slightly off putting for me. It's still very complex though, in fact more so drinking it sober the 2nd time around. I don't hate it, but frankly not loving it as much as I did the first time...darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment