Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

West Coast Flight Tasting


Being the craft brew lover that I am, I went to check out this new joint opened near me which had a huge selection of craft brew beer including several different flight tasting sample. Just like wine tasting, except it's beer tasting and you don't feel like a little pussy ass bitch being dragged around by your nagging girlfriend and have to spit the wine out after to look cool.

Alright, back to the beer review. Let me list the beers I had from right to left (light to dark):
-Pyramid Hefe
-Ballast Point Big Eye IPA
-Arrogant Bastard
-Dechuttes Black Butter Porter
-Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout

Pyramid Hefe, that's a fairly well known hefe and personally I am not big on hefe. This one tasted pretty flat and uninspired.

Ballast Point Big Eye IPA, I seen this beer before at some beer tasting festival but usually by the time I get to my 6th or 7th tasting, I am already half wasted and can't tell the difference. This is a very good IPA for me, it's hoppy but not overpowering and the bitterness is well balanced making this a very drinkable IPA.

Arrogant Bastard, malty hoppy goodness, lots of layers but all worked well together.

Dechuttes Black Butter Porter & Anderson Valley Otameal Stout. Well I put these two together cuz by the time I got to them, I already forgot all the rules of beer tasting, just literally drinking them in gulps. Port and stout arent really my thing though, and until I learn to appreciate them, you can read their review on beeradvoicate.com instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment